Sunday, October 11, 2009

So Many Ideas, So Little Time

Wow- the ideas keep flowing. Anyone else an insomniac when it comes to creativity?

Some nights if I get an idea on something I'd like to make for someone or for my gift shop- I can't sleep unless I write it down. And while I am waiting to write it down, more ideas stem off of that one. AGH! Sometimes they won't stop coming!

I have to organize a timeline for when I want to complete certain projects and tell myself that I can't add any more to certain dates. It's kind of like a scheduler now when I'm trying to come up with ideas to make things.

When my mind is coming up with an idea... it's like saying to it: Hmmm... OKay- let me look at my schedule and see when I can fit you in... :)

I guess I just have to learn to write something down when I get the idea, but if there's no time to do it- it's okay to just say no... :)

I've started to keep an "Idea Journal" for things I'd like to make someday when I have more time... since my little date book is full now. for the rest of the year and starting into next year.

Any other advice? Any common stories?

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya! it sucks trying to figure out how to manage your time! Good luck, though!!!

    ReplyDelete